Cuesta College students that meet the criteria listed below. Please pass this on to anyone you know who might be interested, as the application deadline is approaching. Click this link to download a pdf of the scholarship application form.
The scholarship application deadline is December 4, 2015
Scholarship Application Criteria:
1. A minimum 2.50 cumulative grade point average.
2. Student must currently be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units at Cuesta College.
3. Applicant must be interested in and pursuing a career involving some aspect of caring for our natural environment, such as biology, wildlife conservation, ecology, animal care, water and air quality or any other related field.
4. One letter of recommendation is required. Letters from instructors, counselors, employers, and community members are preferred.
5. Candidate must be available to receive the scholarship money at the Morro Coast Audubon Christmas Bird Count dinner on December 19, 2015.
1. Selection of Recipients
Selections will be based on student’s overall academic progress, financial need, extracurricular activities, leadership skills, and participation in community activities.
2. Notice of Awards
Students will be notified by e-mail or phone of any scholarship award or denial.
3. Renewal of Scholarship
Scholarship may be renewed, contingent upon satisfactory academic progress and availability of funds. Students must re-apply for a continuation of the scholarship. Please attach a separate sheet describing how the scholarship benefited you and why it should be renewed.
Mail your application to:
MCAS Nancy Vaughn Scholarship 2015
c/o Morro Coast Audubon Society
PO Box 1507 Morro Bay, CA 93443
or email it to email@example.com
If you have any questions, you can email Stephanie Little at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be notified of scholarship award or denial by December 11, 2015