Migrate to the Central Coast
Live Auction Items:
Monterey Bay Marine Tour travel package for 2
The ultimate Monterey Bay travel package! Join Audubon Vice President Michael Sutton for an aerial tour of Monterey Bay and the spectacular Big Sur coast in his Cessna Centurion. This package also includes a personal tour of the renowned Monterey Bay Aquarium, which focuses on the unique marine life of the Bay. You’ll stay overnight nearby at the Hotel Pacific, located adjacent to downtown, Fisherman’s Wharf, and the Monterey waterfront. And you’ll enjoy dinner for two at Passionfish restaurant in Pacific Grove, featuring sustainable seafood and the best wine cellar on the Peninsula. There is no better way to enjoy the scenic beauty of Monterey Bay than this unique package! The only restrictions are Michael Sutton’s schedule and the weather! During the summer, the marine layer usually burns off by midday. So we’ll need to fly when the weather cooperates. Three-week notice preferred. Hotel stay based on availability and between Sunday-Thursday.
Hearst Castle Dinner and Wine Tour for 4
Enjoy a picnic dinner with local wine on the terrace at Hearst Castle. Strolling through the gardens while the sun is setting, learn how bats use the Castle as a roosting and foraging site from State Park’s Environmental Scientist Regena Orr and Stephanie Little. We will also explore William Randolph Hearst’s personal collection of art within Casa Grande.
Morro Bay Weekend Getaway and Photo Safari for 2
Enjoy beautiful Morro Bay for a 2-night stay in Morro Bay at your choice of three hotels (available Sun-Thursday for two people). Choose a night to enjoy dinner at award winning Windows on the Water.
Join Don Quintana, award winning nature and wildlife photographer, for a private 4-6 hour photography workshop while birding the Central Coast. Bring a camera along with your binoculars to photograph and observe local scenic hot spots. Don will offer tips on capturing images from birds to panoramas. Photo opportunities abound. See Don’s photography at www.donaldquintana.com
Cayucos Getaway for 2
Enjoy one night’s stay at the Shoreline Inn in Cayucos, CA. Bird Estero Bluffs with local birding expert followed by a wine and cheese picnic at Harmony Cellars. Enjoy two tickets for a tour at Hearst Castle.
Tejon Ranch Wildflower and Birding Tour for 4
Enjoy a private tour of Tejon Ranch with Tejon Ranch Conservancy staff while birding and picnicking amongst wildflowers in the spring. Tejon Ranch is located on the “Grape Vine” on I-5, about 2.5 hours from San Luis Obispo and 1 hour from Los Angeles. This 6 hour tour will focus on the ranch’s 240,000 conserved lands this are home to an incredible diversity of species from Mojave Desert habitats to Sierra Nevada Fir forests to San Joaquin Valley grasslands. The desert and grasslands come alive in spring with abundant wildflowers and many species of migratory birds. This tour includes lunch.
Catered Southern BBQ Dinner for 12
Round Up 10-12 friends for a Backyard Barbeque of delicious slowed cooked smoked brisket and ribs with all the fixin's...Spicy peanut-cilantro coleslaw, potato salad, baked beans, garlic bread and apple crisp for dessert. Local pit master, Travis Pambrun will rustle up his T-Bone's Deep Southern Barbeque to be delivered by arrangement.
Migrate to the Central Coast
Silent Auction Items
7. Halter Magnum Bottle of wine and Tour
8. Wild Birds Unlimited Gift Basket with bird feeder/ bird seed/ Audubon Backpack/ Bird Book
9. Wine and Cheese gift basket: Bordeaux red blend from Ancient Peaks Winery, Chardonnay from Au Bon Climat in Santa Barbara County. Enjoy smoked Gouda, salami, pesto, jambalaya soup, nuts, chocolate, Harry and David relish, and much more….
10. Winter Bird Festival Admission for 2
11. Wine, Cheese, and bird watching at Sunset at Morro Coast Audubon Overlook for 4 people with Morro Coast Audubon Board Members.
12. Enjoy a morning bird walk through Morro Bay for 6 people with Mike Stiles (President of Morro Coast Audubon) and Stephanie Little (National Audubon Board Member) followed by brunch at Stephanie’s home.
13. Delicious Dessert Trio: This certificate entitles you to three homemade desserts during 2015 delivered to your home. Contact within 2 weeks’ notice to coordinate (SLO Co only). Desserts will include a New York Cheesecake, one dozen cupcakes from XOXO Bakery, and a seasonal fruit cobbler.
14. Kayaking for 2: Enjoy a guided 2-hour kayak tour of Morro Bay with John and Virginia Flaherty, guides at Central Coast Outdoors. Get an opportunity for an up close view of White Pelicans, Brant, Common Loons, and a host of other migratory waterfowl and shorebirds in their natural habitat. Visit the Heron Rookery, Grassy Island, mudflats and channels of the back bay. No prior kayaking experience needed.
15. Dinner for two at The Sea Chest Oyster Bar and Restaurant in Cayucos, CA.
16. Join Stephanie Little, Environmental Scientist for Oceano Dunes SVRA and National Audubon Board member for a 2 hour private driving tour of Oceano Dunes and Oso Flaco as you look for nesting Snowy Plovers and newly hatched chicks. Learn about Oceano’s successful management efforts to help protect these species. This site is home to one of the largest concentration of these Federally listed species. Tour best redeemed between the months of May-July.